Roles and Responsibilities
The purpose of these roles and responsibilities is to outline briefly the tasks required of a class teacher in the secondary school. As a school we are trying to achieve high standards by responding professionally, sensitively and caringly to the needs of all our students. All teachers must demonstrate a standard of knowledge, understanding and skills of the curriculum taught in the school. All teachers must demonstrate an understanding of the wider curriculum and administration needs of the foundation.
Have knowledge and understanding of:
• Have a detailed knowledge of the relevant aspects of the Chinese National Curriculum, IGCSE, AP, IBDP, and/or US Common Curriculum, and other requirements.
• Have a secure knowledge and understanding of a specialist subject(s). Understand progression in their specialist subject(s), including before their specialist age range.
• Cope securely with subject-related questions that students raise and know about students¡¯ common misconceptions and mistakes in their specialist subject(s).
• All secondary school curriculum and assessment guidelines.
Planning and setting expectations:
• Identify clear teaching ****ives, content, lesson structures and sequences appropriate to the subject matter and the students being taught.
• Set appropriate and demanding expectations for students¡¯ learning and motivation. Set clear targets for students' learning, building on prior attainment and experiences.
• Identify students who have special educational needs and are gifted and talented, and know where to get assistance in order to give positive and targeted support.
• Coordinate with other school school specialists in order to best support all students¡¯ needs.